NASA Educator Resource Center
Table of Contents:
Shortcut to List of Educator Guides:
Shortcut to NASA Links:
A one-stop location for links to NASA education teaching guides, games, activities, videos and general NASA information.
CECH NASA ERC
The CECH NASA Educator Resource Center (ERC) is a place to help teachers learn about and use NASA educational materials. The ERC provides educators with print and digital resources that enhance the classroom teaching/learning environment.
Materials located in the NASA ERC are aligned with national educational standards. Staff members are available to help you locate resources, learn about NASA education and use the materials in your classroom.
The University of Cincinnati NASA Educator Resource Center at the CECH Library is your source for information! Also, you may want to consult the NASA Glenn Educator Resource Center.
Learn more here!
- Earth Science
- Space Science
- Living and Working in Space
The CECH NASA Educator Resource Center provides services to those in the education community including teachers, scout leaders, public and private schools, homeschoolers, museums, planetariums, colleges and universities, and other education-related groups.
Educator/Teacher Guides: Teaching instruction and classroom activities for a wide variety of topics and grade levels.
For more information about educator guides, consult our Educator Guide Table - Educator Guide Information
- Lithographs: Full color pictures of space related images on 8 1/2 x 11 inch cardstock with explanations of images and learning activities.
- Wall sheets/posters: Educational space related images and information posters with valuable teaching information on the back side.
- Bookmarks: A wide selection of educational bookmarks covering a variety of topic areas.
- Pamphlets: A selection of pamphlets containing educational information about NASA programs or fast-fact information.
- Publications: Information regarding current, past and ongoing NASA programs.
- CD-ROMS/DVDs: Computer software and educational videos related to space.
- DVDs/Videotapes: You may make copies of the ERC's DVDs or videotapes. Simply bring in a blank DVD or videocassette, or purchase one from the Media Production Lab store, and a CECH Library staff person will make a free copy for you.
- NASA Reference Materials: Books, publications, etc.
Shortcut for finding teaching materials:
In-house materials are available to you for free!*
There is also a selection of teaching materials available for purchase here. These items include kits and hands-on activities to use in your classroom.
*With the exception of DVDs/videos. These may be copied free for you if you provide a blank DVD/video.
Yes! Materials are available online at the NASA Education website. Many Educator guides, lithographs and posters are available in PDF format.
You may also search the NASA Education website by grade level, subject or material type to locate resources.
Selected useful online resources:
- NASA Portal: Download materials free of charge and print at your own expense.
- To obtain classroom instructional materials, contact:
Educator Resource Center Coordinator
- To obtain community/informal education materials, contact:
- CECH Library ERC: you may be able to obtain classroom size quantities directly from the CECH Library. Please contact us if you have questions.
The University of Cincinnati
CECH Library (3rd Floor)
400 Teachers College
Cincinnati, OH 45219
Hours of Operation (Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters)
Monday-Thursday 8:00am- 10:00pm
These days and times are subject to change during Exam Week and Break Week of each quarter.
Please see the University Libraries website for these changes.