During the week of April 14-20 the University of Cincinnati Libraries will join other libraries on campuses and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week. The University of Cincinnati Libraries will celebrate National Library Week by offering our users an opportunity to demonstrate their research skills and win prizes by taking a research skills contest.
The year 2012 marks the 200th anniversary of the first publishing of Kinder und Hausmarchen (Children’s and Household Tales), a collection of German folk tales published by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm and commonly referred to as Grimms’ Fairy Tales. In celebration of this monumental book, an exhibit is currently on display on Langsam Library’s 4th and 5th floor lobbies celebrating the Brothers Grimm and their many contributions to the world of fairy tales. Continue reading
Murder in the Library
Figure out whodunnit!
- What: Test your investigative skills and explore the library for clues to solve a murder mystery! Hope you don’t lose your appetite because PIZZA and DRINKS will be provided after the murderer has been found!
- When: Friday, November 2nd @ 4pm
- Where: Langsam Library (by the Triceracopter)
- Who: Any UC student who likes solving mysteries!
- How: Register at http://svy.mk/TctfZ8 (space for 36)
- ?s: Contact Debbie Tenofsky (firstname.lastname@example.org)
On October 1, 2009, President Barack Obama issued a proclamation establishing October as National Information Literacy Awareness Month. Information literacy, or the ability to find, evaluate, and use information effectively, is key in preparing students for being actively involved in a democratic society and seeking highly skilled jobs. Information literacy skills lay a solid foundation for lifelong learning. Continue reading
The fall “Life of the Mind” lecture series will kick off Tuesday, September 18 from 3:30-5pm in the Russell C. Myers Alumni Center. “Life of the Mind” features interdisciplinary conversations with UC faculty around a one-word theme followed by audience Q&A and a reception with light refreshments. Continue reading