PLEASE NOTE: UC Libraries will be closing at 1PM today (Friday, December 06, 2013) in anticipation of severe weather this afternoon. The National Weather Service is predicting snow beginning around noon, with heavy snowfall into the evening.
Chris Marshall, our new Public Services Assistant, began Tuesday, November 12th. Chris comes to us with 15 years of public services and library aide experience with the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County and Northwest Local School District. She is responsible for processing your OhioLINK, UC, and Interlibrary Loan holds as well as staffing the very busy Information Desk among many other responsibilities.
Here are a few fun facts about Chris:
- Favorite childhood book? My favorite childhood book is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. I fell in love with this book the first time I read it in the 8th grade and my feelings have never changed. Such a beautiful story about unconditional love.
- Most inspiration book you’ve read this year? Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. To me this was an incredible story about a little boy. Very uplifting. It is soon to be a movie. I’m very excited to see it. Always like to see how well they turn a book into a movie.
- Ever had a book autographed by the author? Yes, I have several books autographed by authors. They are all children books. While at my job with the Northwest Local District I was fortunate enough to have several authors come visit the children and talk with them about the books they wrote. I always made sure to get myself an autographed book. Some of the authors that I have autographed books by are: Ted Arnold, Andrea Cheng, Marcia Thorton Jones, Dandi Daley Mackall, Marcia Schonberg. That is just to name a few.
- Favorite reading snack? Pretzels. They are easy to grab as you are reading. Along with those pretzels on a cold winter day you can’t go wrong with a nice cup of hot chocolate, or a hot summer day a big glass of sweet tea.
- Favorite guilt free pleasure reading? I would have to say Danielle Steel books. They are a quick easy read that can be entertaining to read.
UPDATE: The Summon service has been fully restored and is now supporting users as expected. Thank you for your patience through this period.
Summon is currently unavailable and the vendor is actively working to address the issue.
We will follow up as soon as we have more details.
True or False? The UCBA Library is open 12 p.m. to 4 p.m on Sunday, December 8th for Exam Week.
The UCBA Library is available for students in need of study space in preparation for Fall Semester Exams. Exam Week hours are:
Saturday December 7 and Sunday, December 8: 12 pm-4 pm
Monday through Thursday, December 9-12: 7:30 am – 9 pm
Friday, December 13: 7:30-5 pm
The UC Blue Ash College Library will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. Our hours are as follows:
Wednesday, November 27th: close at 5:00 p.m.
Thursday, November 28th – Sunday, December 1st: closed
The library will reopen Monday, December 2nd at 7:30 a.m.
For other UC Library hours, check the list of library hours here: http://libraries.uc.edu/information/hours_maps/hours_main.html
Kellie Tilton, Instruction Technologies Librarian, is the newest member of the UC Blue Ash Library faculty. Kellie comes to us from the University of Alaska Fairbanks. In her current role, she leads the development of new online tutorials and learning objects. She also works closely with the Art & Visual Communication, Behavioral Science, Electronic Media and History, Philosophy & Political Science departments to provide library instruction, collection support and research assistance.
Photos from the UCBA Library’s Myth Manor…part of UCBA College’s 2013 Halloween Bash.
Join the UC Blue Ash Library as we celebrate National Information Literacy Awareness Month in a variety of ways, including:
- Myth Manor: Visit Area 113 (the library study rooms) on October 31st to learn about various hoaxes, myths, and urban legends
- Food for Thought Book Display: Browse and borrow highlighted book titles from the library collection centered around the UCBA First Year Experience theme: Food.
- Question of the Day: Each day during the week of October 28, we’ll post a question that makes you think about what you know about hoaxes, myths, and urban legends. Look for the chalkboard directly across from the library front entrance. We encourage you to post your comments and feedback. We’ll share the responses in a slideshow at the end of the week.
Visit the UC Blue Ash Library on Halloween Day to explore myths, legends and lore. Be sure to give us a ghoulish smile and we’ll give you a treat!
Keep track of the creepy: