By Janice Schulz
Two new images have been added to our Bearcat exhibit. The photographs, taken by ARB Student Assistant Lauren Fink, depict the Bearcat making a stand around campus. The first is one of two statues guarding the Clifton Avenue entrance to McMicken Hall. Just find Mick and Mack and look up to see these fellows dutifully scanning the horizon. The second is a large inflatable bearcat currently holding ground in the UC Bookstore. He stands confidently and proudly welcoming customers to the Bookstore’s upper level.
The exhibit’s 70-plus images date back to 1914, when Leonard “Teddy” Baehr lent his name to what would become UC’s beloved mascot. Keep checking, as we are continually adding new images and links to this evolving display of Bearcat memorabilia.