The fall “Life of the Mind” lecture series will kick off Tuesday, October 18 from 3:30-5pm in the Russell C. Myers Alumni Center. Free and open to the UC community and public, “Life of the Mind” features interdisciplinary conversations with UC faculty around a one-word theme followed by audience Q&A. The fall “Life of the Mind” theme is “War.”
Two “Life of the Mind” sessions will be held this fall with three “thought provocateurs” contributing to each session:
October 18, 2011, 3:30-5p.m., Alumni Center
- Stanley J. Corkin, English, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
- Joel Hoffman, College-Conservatory of Music
- Bert Lockwood, College of Law
November 29, 2011, 3:30-5p.m., Alumni Center
- Jacob Katz Cogan, College of Law
- Sigrun Haude, History, McMicken College of Arts and Sciences
- Jay Johannigman, College of Medicine
The spring 2012 “Life of the Mind” lecture series theme will be “Identity.” More information about “Life of the Mind” is available online at www.libraries.uc.edu/lifeofthemind/.
“Life of the Mind” is co-sponsored by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, the Chair of the University Faculty, and the UC Libraries.