As stated in our Strategic Plan, the University of Cincinnati Libraries empower discovery, stimulate learning and inspire the creation of knowledge by connecting students, faculty, researchers and scholars to dynamic data, information and resources.
Welcome to our redesigned UC Libraries website. Some of the new features and upgrades of the redesign include:
- updated look and feel and an uncluttered homepage with most content viewable without scrolling;
- user-requested features such as the posting of today’s hours, enhanced location maps and a prominent link to Off-Campus Access from the homepage;
- new content around the growing subject of digital scholarship has been added, as well as a website dedicated to the Libraries’ Special Collections;
- core services such as reserves, workshops, interlibrary loan, multimedia equipment lending and the Student Technology Resources Center (STRC) are prominently featured;
- a tabbed search box, available on the left-side of the homepage and throughout on many secondary pages of the site, will allow users to search for articles, books, journals, databases and much more quickly and easily. Users can also access via the homepage research guides available by subject.
Included in the redesign are all college and departmental (C&D) library websites from the Archives to Rare Books Library to the Winkler Center for the History of the Health Professions, as well as the UC Blue Ash College Library website. While the C&D and UC Blue Ash College Library websites all have a similar look to the main UC Libraries’ site so that users know they are part of one system, they all contain specialized content pertaining to that library location.
The launch of our redesigned Libraries website coincides with the announcement of our new Strategic Plan, which outlines our bold ambitions organized under four pillars: Digital Technologies & Innovation, People, Space, and Data to Information to Knowledge.
The University of Cincinnati Libraries are an integral partner in the university’s efforts to achieve its core mission of teaching, research and community engagement. Through the work of our Strategic Plan, and with the realization of our mission and vision, we support the efforts of the university.
As I reflect on the two years I have been at UC, I am proud of all we have accomplished thus far and energized for the work to come. We have forged new partnerships and collaborations both on campus and internationally that will serve users locally as well as propel the Libraries forward. There are new people working in the Libraries alongside experienced colleagues. We are transforming our spaces to be more student focused and technology friendly.
This is an exciting time for the University of Cincinnati Libraries. Together, with our audacious aspirations of being a transformative leader in all we do, UC Libraries will become the "globally engaged intellectual commons of the university."